Hooked 1989

Welcome to my crochet world. Here I will share with you my past projects as well as my new endeavors. Thanks for stopping by. ***NEW!*** View Foodie Friday entries for yummy, yummy food, libations, and tips!

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Originally from central Illinois, moved to Chicagoland in 1996.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Our eyes met across a crowded room...





First...a thank you to PinkSu for letting me test her Shower Flower pattern. It was a pleasure and dd loves it in her bath...makes lots of suds. I know you've got lots of plans for its future incarnations...I may have an idea or two also...will email them to you. Thank you again for trusting me with your pattern. I hope you will seriously consider submitting it to the 2008 CPAD calendar....

And now...it was love at first sight...so cliche, yet so true. The colors, the sparkle, the plush, plush mohair... I tried to resist, but I could not... so I bought four... six months ago and have been waiting for them to tell me what they wanted to be...alas...the DIY network show Knitty Gritty answered that... we (the mohair and I) are working together to make a drop stitch poncho. I haven't dropped the stitches yet, as I'm only 1/2 way through...nonetheless, I'm so pleased with it thus far...I had to show ya! Ewweeeee! I'm so glad I bought these! I'll post an update when finished. Mind you, I'm not all that experienced with knitting...so be kind...

5 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Oooh, I love the colors in that mohair.

The shower flower came out nice too-I hope Su submits it to CPAD

9:53 PM  
Blogger DixieRedHead said...

That yarn is yummy! Love ur lil flower! I hope Su submits that pattern too!

12:22 AM  
Blogger Pink said...

That mohair is so pretty, can't wait to see it finished. Thanks for the lovely things you say about the shower flower...how could I not submit it to CPAD now? LOL

2:45 AM  
Blogger Ms Knits said...

I see why it was love at first sight! Beautiful yarn!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Kellycat said...

Yes yummy yarn, and I love the shower flower! Nice pattern Su, and nice job making it.

Nice presents that you got below. :) Thats lousy when someone doesn't follow through with a swap when they promise to.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home