Hooked 1989

Welcome to my crochet world. Here I will share with you my past projects as well as my new endeavors. Thanks for stopping by. ***NEW!*** View Foodie Friday entries for yummy, yummy food, libations, and tips!

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Originally from central Illinois, moved to Chicagoland in 1996.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hookd meets Pink



I finally met a new friend, Su. While my family and I were vacationing in California, I met up with Su in the city by the bay. Had a wonderful day of Peruvian food, window shopping, "stealing" craft ideas for less (crochet bonnet vs paper crown $40...I think not!) Ghirardelli sundaes, and closed the vacationing with a pool party that Su and her dh were able to attend. I had such a great time meeting her and her dh. I will take a photo of the goodies she crocheted for us. Our goodie packages included for me: a journal, two "sachet" flower baskets, a silky soft flower pin, and rose scented bath confetti and for dd: a crocheted Hello Kitty!, a squishy fishy who's eyes bulge out when we squeeze him (many laughs over that one) three plastic bracelets in purple, pink, and blue, in a green basket purse and for step mom-in-law, Maggie, there was more confetti, silky flower pin, and a smaller thread rose pin. I feel like I'm forgetting something, as you can see she was VERY generous and thoughtful! Excellent detail work! I swapped her a set of hot pink potholders in the same pattern that will be published in the 2007 CPAD calendar. She loved them. I'm so thankful I was able to meet you, Su. What a wonderful person you are. My dd connected so well with you too. I hope to see you again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pink said...

I had so much fun meeting you and your wonderful family...can't wait to do it again. The hot pink potholders are amazing, I love 'em, I even enjoy cooking again and I know dh is happy about that!

2:10 AM  
Blogger Deneen said...

That is so nice...really nice.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home