Hooked 1989

Welcome to my crochet world. Here I will share with you my past projects as well as my new endeavors. Thanks for stopping by. ***NEW!*** View Foodie Friday entries for yummy, yummy food, libations, and tips!

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Originally from central Illinois, moved to Chicagoland in 1996.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Foodie Friday - Italian Balsamic Dressing

I know this is super simple...but my SIL's family makes this and I have found that I use it more than buying dressing any more.

1/2 c - Balsamic Vinegar
1/4-1/2 c Olive Oil (which ever grade you prefer...I use EVOO=extra virgin olive oil)
2 cloves Minced garlic
2 tsp Italian Seasoning
Salt/Pepper (to taste)

Take seasonings and garlic and add to vinegar. Let sit while you prepare your favorite lettuce salad...or 5 minutes if you used bagged lettuce. In a slow steady stream, wisk olive oil in with fork or wisk until incorporated. (Also, if I'm in a hurry...which is most of the time...I place all ingredients in a mason jar and vigorously shake it for a 1/2 minute or so.) Store leftovers in fridge. Let sit at room temp after fridging it for about 5 minutes and give it another shake...should be good as new!

Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lani said...

Tried this last night but instead of Italian seasoning I used some fresh basil and oregano from my garden, chopped finely .. YUM! Nice and simple, and sooo good.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home