Hooked 1989

Welcome to my crochet world. Here I will share with you my past projects as well as my new endeavors. Thanks for stopping by. ***NEW!*** View Foodie Friday entries for yummy, yummy food, libations, and tips!

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Originally from central Illinois, moved to Chicagoland in 1996.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Scrap Flower Afghan (Twin Size)




With money being tight after Christmas, family illness, and car repairs (Murphy's Law applies,) This is what a pulled together for my 2.5 yr old daughter. She has been in a toddler bed for some time now and will graduate to a twin in the next year or so. Thought I'd better get it done now. :)

The main square w/ 3-D flowers is from the Red Heart Victorian Images Article J.12, Book 360 C1991. I skipped the puffs along the edges to save on yarn and used the Flat Braid Joining Method by Priscilla Hewitt.http://members.aol.com/lffunt/flatbraid.htm And did a simple alternating sc, ch1 border for 4 rounds and finished in a reverse single crochet.

Needless to say, she is very happy to have her own blankie.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

very cute! Love the flowers. I'm sure she will love it for many years to come. :)

9:43 PM  
Blogger LaVelda said...

Could you tell me where you got the pattern for the flowers they are so pretty. And the afghan is so pretty.

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home